Given all the excitement that’s been going on around our little house, I’ve been jonesing for a little peace and quiet. This morning there is nothing I have to do, nobody to see and the sun is out. Finally! All I can hear is the traffic out front and the fish tank bubbling.
The boys don’t have to get up today for anything, and that means that I can just sit here listening to nothing, reading and posting to my heart’s content. Then why is it that I am drawn to think about all the things that need doing? There is always housework, and yard work, and organizing…I could go on ad nauseum about all the little things that constantly need keeping up with. There should be some metaphysical door one can shut on thoughts of those kinds of activities so one can fully enjoy a peaceful, sunny morning like I have now. But, noooo…it seems that the way is open for intruding thoughts of work. Bugger.
Well, if it’s thoughts of work that I have, I guess I should think about what exactly it is I feel like I need to accomplish today. So, here’s a to do list:
- Laundry (When isn’t there any? At least that can be going while I’m doing other stuff!)
- Dusting (It’s a never-ending battle in North Dakota)
- Cooking (I have another 8 lbs of meat that needs cooking up or it will go bad soon. Hm…sounds like meat loaf for supper!)
- Finish cleaning out the entryway closet.
- Clean out the hall closet
- Organize the basement (that’s really two weeks worth of work right there, but I should get a start)
- Crack the whip on those boys to clean their rooms this afternoon (ugh…what is it with teenage boys and stinky rooms?!)
- Mop the kitchen floor
- Mop and oil all the wood floors…boy are they DRY…
Ugh…I could go on and on and on. I think this list is long enough, though. First thing I think I want to do after I put a load of laundry in, is go for a walk. At least that way I can feel like I am getting something done while I’m doing something for myself!
Well, It’s 9am, and I hear Older Son stirring. It’s been a nice quiet morning while it lasted!