Well, The Flirt will be calling soon wanting to know when I will be ready to go. Since I chose to be terribly unproductive last night and this morning, I have to get a move on and get a few things done. How to get all of my housework and laundry done in just a few hours? Well, I have a bit of system.
1. Squirt cleaner into the toilet bowl
2. Hang the bathroom rugs outside after shaking vigorously (cough, gag, wheeze. Good grief, it’s been awhile!)
3. Sort laundry and get a load going. (Good grief, I should have done this first)
4. Sweep bathroom, spray it down and scrub all surfaces and fixtures (Oh, it really has been awhile. Ugh…)
5. Take hallway rug outside, shake vigorously, and bring bathroom rugs in and put back into the bathroom.
One room done!
6. Straighten up bedroom, don’t get distracted by the dust…too many other tasks to get done. (OMG… the Dust Fairy was way too generous on her last stop through. Can someone please fire that nasty little pixie?)
7. Get out overnight bag and throw some stuff in it. Don’t forget swimming attire for the hot tub at the hotel tonight (oh crap, none of this fits… suck it in. It will stretch when it gets wet!)
8. Bring in hallway rug. Sprinkle homemade carpet freshener on rugs in bedroom and hallway.
9. Do dishes. Oh wait, there’s my coffee. Yay for coffee!
10. Sit down to finish cold coffee (waste not, want not, right?)
11. Blog about stuff I did in the house while slurping coffee. It’s ok, because the laundry is washing, and the carpets are being deodorized, so I’m multitasking. (That’s my story, and I’m sticking to it)
Hm. Coffee is gone. Well, time to get to the rest of the list. Daylight’s burning!
May you all find small moments in your busy day to take a quick break. You’re worth it!